Reopening With Care... Again!
Re-opening with Care on March 22, 2021
We will continue to operate with new temporary hours:
Mon 10am-5pm (Vulnerable Populations/Seniors Service 9am-10am)
Wed 10am-5pm (Vulnerable Populations/Seniors Service 9am-10am)
Contactless curbside pickup services will still be available by appointment only. Visit the Calendar of Events page on our website to view available dates and times.
We will be operating similarly to how we did before we closed in December. A few things to note before your first visit back:
*Masks are Required:
- Masks are mandatory for anyone entering the building, as per Alberta Health Services regulations. For the safety of all library users please remember to wear a mask that covers both your mouth and nose at all times during your visit. Masks will be provided to those that don’t have one.
- For those wanting to pick up books who are unable to wear a mask, curbside pickup services are available.
- The number of patrons in the Library space will be quite limited. Please be patient.
- We are encouraging a Grab-and-Go service. Request your materials in advance either by placing holds or calling ahead and staff will retrieve them for you. If you place a hold on an item, please wait for notification from us that your item is available for pick-up before coming in.
*Computers and Photocopying:
- Time on computers will be limited to ONE 15-minute appointment each day.
- Two computers will be available for public use. All available stations will be spaced to ensure physical distancing.
- All computer stations will be sanitized after each use—please be patient.
- Printing, photocopying and scanning services are available. Remember to bring your own USB stick if you want to scan or save any documents.
- Most of the Library and the collection is not accessible to the public but reader’s advisory services and assisted browsing is available if you need help finding materials.
- Limited browsing will be available in the New & Notable Section--if you touch it please take it.
- All materials returned to the Library will be quarantined for at least 3 days before being checked in. Any fines that accrue during quarantine will be waived until further notice.
- All materials should be returned in the book drop before entering the building. If you have an item that will not fit in the book drop please bring it in to the Library and place in the return bin located inside the main doors.
For full details of library operation and procedures visit the In House Visits page on our website.
*All Library Operations, Procedures and Protocols are subject to the laws, rules, guidelines set out by the Canmore Library Board, Town of Canmore and Health Authorities and are subject to change quickly and without notice.