As of April 7, 2021, the Library is closed. Contactless curbside pickup services will still be available.
- Masks are mandatory to enter Elevation Place and the Library
- There are no study or reading spaces available at this time.
- Number of patrons in the Library space will be limited.
- You will find hand sanitizer stations located throughout the Library, please help yourself before, during and after your visit.
- We encourage patrons to limit their time in the Library.
- Please limit the number of family members you come with. If possible, designate one person to pick up everyone’s materials.
- There will be no public washroom available in the Library, please see the TOC website for details on availability of public washrooms.
- Room bookings and exam invigilation services are not available at this time.
Borrowing and Returns:
- Most of the Library and the collection is not accessible to the public but reader’s advisory services and assisted browsing is available if you need help finding materials.
- We are encouraging a Grab-and-Go service. Request your materials in advance either by placing holds or calling ahead and staff will retrieve them for you. If you place a hold on an item, please wait for notification from us that your item is available for pick-up before coming in.
- If you aren’t comfortable entering the Library our curbside pickup service will continue, please book your pickup appointment online once notified that your holds are available.
- Limited browsing will be available in the New & Notable Section--if you touch it please take it.
- Specialty items such as the walking poles and physical literacy kits will be available to borrow.
- All materials returned to the Library will be quarantined for at least 3 days before being checked in. Any fines that accrue during quarantine will be waived until further notice.
- The book drop is available for returns 24/7. All materials should be returned in the book drop before entering the building. If you have an item that will not fit in the book drop please bring it in to the Library and place in the return bin located inside the main doors.
Computers and Photocopying:
- Two computers will be available for public use. All available stations will be spaced to ensure physical distancing.
- All computer stations will be sanitized after each use—please be patient.
- Time on computers will be limited to one 15-minute appointment each day.
- Printing is now available, 25 cents per page, payment by cash only.
- Photocopying and scanning services are available. Remember to bring your own USB stick if you want to scan or save any documents.
Programs and Events:
- All Library programs and events are currently being offered online.
- There will be no in-house programs/events until further notice.
- Visit our Programs & Events page or follow Canmore Public Library on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to learn about upcoming events.
- Face coverings will be worn by all staff.
- Front desk is equipped barriers to safely separate staff and patrons.
- Donations of used books/materials will not be accepted at this time.
- Book sale items are unavailable until further notice.
*All Library Operations, Procedures and Protocols are subject to the laws, rules, guidelines set out by the Canmore Library Board, Town of Canmore and Health Authorities and are subject to change quickly and without notice.